Salary: 20k to 35k
Typical work activities include,
- Surveying sites and identifying location benefits.
- Analyzing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible risks or problems and making amendments using computer-aided design applications (CAD).
- Specifying the appropriate technology and tools to be used in the project and advising where this requires deviation from the initial design plans.
- Liaising with the architect, surveyors and other construction professionals, sometimes managing the design project team.
- Preparing documents to help with getting planning permission and similar approvals.
- Visiting sites to check progress and to inspect work.
- A strong interest in architecture, mathematics, drawing and design, with an excellent eye for detailing.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Competence in CAD.
- An analytical mind with the strong problem-solving ability.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision.
- The ability to work well under time and budget pressures.
- Must enjoy working with your hands and be willing to work outdoors.
July 17, 2020