Building a dream house is not a temporary structure. If we plan to build a new home, there are many question and queries comes in our mind. One of them is Cement bricks vs clay bricks? Which is better? We should build a house which can last for years and years. For that, we must select the right builders who use the best practice, building materials and method of constructions. In that concern, Architeca explains about cement bricks vs clay bricks? and which has more life time.
Before choosing a one, have a clear idea about the questions which follows,
- Which is stronger? Cement bricks or clay bricks?
- Which brick is good for house construction?
- Which brick is cheaper and best?
- How long both bricks last?
- How to choose a right residential builder who use the right materials?
Which is stronger? Cement bricks or clay bricks?
A brick house provides superior protection from storms, thunder and fire. Compare it and choose the right one.
- Materials involved: Clay bricks are made up by drying and firing of clay or shale raw material
- Strength: The average compressive strengths typically range from 8,000 to 10,000 psi
- Moisture Absorption: Clay bricks absorb approximately 15-35 grams of moisture per minute per square inch.
- Color Availability: Clay bricks are available in a wide variety of colors
- Shelf life: More shelf life
- Materials involved: A concrete unit is made from Portland cement, water, and suitable aggregates
- Strength: The average compressive strengths typically range from 3,000 to 4,000 psi
- Moisture Absorption: Concrete bricks absorb between 40 to 80 grams of moister per minute per square inch
- Color Availability: Concrete bricks are not color fast and they will fade over time
- Shelf life: Shelf life is less than clay brick
Which brick is good for house construction?
When it comes to house construction, Red bricks are traditional and extensively used building material that is primarily made from clay which will last around more than 1000 years.
On the other hand, Solid cement bricks are manufactured from cement and fine aggregates which have been known to last only around 60 10 100 years.
Which brick is cheaper and best?
Selecting what type of bricks, you are going with is one of the first important decisions when starting a building project.
When comparing with cement bricks, clay bricks are a world-class product for environment-friendly construction.
It is good not considering rate while it comes to safety and quality of shelf life.
How long both bricks last?
The shelf life of cement brick is lesser than clay brick. As said before, Cement brick last for 60 to 100 years where clay brick has 1000 years of shelf life.
Clay bricks are nothing but highly compressed earthen and natural materials. The large range of compression makes the bricks so dense that they have very tiny space left for combustion to explode and spread.
They have been given the highest fire rating. They can sustain in a very heavy and fully developed fire far better than a cement bricks or any other material.
How to choose a right residential builder who use the right materials?
The Cement bricks vs Clay bricks? debate is a very common to the one and anyone who is planning for a home construction, they have to deal with the comparing of pros and cons of both.
However, it depends on place, budget and experience level of a builder. For some, using clay brick for constructions are necessary because they ultimately want lesser maintenance even when the cost of building is higher.
Some people, on the other side may prefer less cost of construction and regular renovations to keep the bricks well maintained.
Whatever you may choose, we care of building a quality house with full safety measurement which gives you a peaceful life inside your dream house.
That is all for now! We hope this guide helps you understand about Cement bricks vs Clay bricks? Also, you were able to choose the perfect building bricks and builders for your project. For expert advice visit http://architeca.in/ or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.